Re: [SLUG] usb devices

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 13:46:37 EDT

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 12:22 -0500, michael hast wrote:
> Okay, gentlemen. I'm pulling my hair out here. I recently aquired
> a digital camera and usb flash card reader from a relative who no longer
> used them. The camera takes pics, I can review them in the camera, and
> the flash card plugs right into the reader. I can not figure out how to
> mount the card through the reader.
> When I do a "sbin/fdisk/ -l" it shows me the two hard drives and the
> partitions therin. When I go to the kinfo center and look under scsi
> devices, I get this:
>
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi 1 Channel: 00 Id: Lun: 00
> Vendor: Model: USB Card Reader Rev: 3.00
> Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> ...etc with "Lun: 01" and "Lun: 02"
>
> It's a three-slot reader, does each Lun represent one of the slots?
>
> I really don't know which direction to go at this point. I haven't come
> up with much on Googling.
>
> I went in to "/proc/bus/usb" to take a look at what it saw there, and
> came up with three folders: "001", "002", "003", and a blank document
> "devices". Under the three folders, I found what looks like other blank
> documents.

Michael, when you do lsmod, do you have usb-storage listed there? If
so, then you have to figure out which device node is associated with
each of your usb luns. What distro and version are you using, since
determining that part is often of distro-bound? On my system, the
command, sg_map and sg_scan -i show me all the usb (and other) device
mappings on my system.

-Eric