Re: [SLUG] usb devices

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 18:29:10 EDT

>No USB connection on the camera?

Yes, it has a USB connection, but it was not on the list of cameras
supported by gphoto. It is a SiPix SC3300. I thought the card reader
would be easier since we have it.

>> When I do a "sbin/fdisk/ -l" it shows me the two hard drives and the
>>partitions therin.
>>

>Same here. I have to tell fdisk to look at the card:
>
>[eben@pc eben]$ /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/sda
>
>Disk /dev/sda: 4 heads, 32 sectors, 978 cylinders
>Units = cylinders of 128 * 512 bytes
>
> Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
>/dev/sda1 * 1 978 62591+ 6 FAT16

When I specify /dev/sda it doesn't show anything. Do I need to set up
SCSI support possibly?

>>Attached devices:
>>Host: scsi 1 Channel: 00 Id: Lun: 00
>> Vendor: Model: USB Card Reader Rev: 3.00
>> Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>>
>>...etc with "Lun: 01" and "Lun: 02"
>>
>>It's a three-slot reader, does each Lun represent one of the slots?
>>

>Yes. If the card isn't in the first slot (whichever one that is), you won't
>be able to access it unless you enable "multi LUN support" in the kernel
>(which apparently you have).
>

>>I really don't know which direction to go at this point. I haven't come
>>up with much on Googling.
>>

>If you have cdrecord, try
>
>[eben@pc eben]$ cdrecord -scanbus
>scsibus0:
> 0,4,0 4) 'Seagate ' 'STT20000N ' '6A51' Removable Tape
>(tape drive, SCSI)
>scsibus1:
> 1,0,0 100) 'Generic ' 'STORAGE DEVICE ' '0125' Removable Disk
>(CF card, USB)
>scsibus2:
> 2,0,0 200) '_NEC ' 'DVD_RW ND-2510A ' '2.17' Removable CD-ROM
>({DVD±,CD-}{R,RW} drive, IDE through IDE-SCSI emulation)
>
>I don't know how to translate what cdrecord returns into something useful,
>but at least it'll confirm that the device is visible.

Apparently, I do not have cdrecord. "command not found."