Re: [SLUG] SuSE 9.3 perfidious connections

From: John Pugh (jpugh@NOVELL.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 11:58:25 EDT

<620c905705082308235689cacf@mail.gmail.com>, wchast@gmail.com wrote:

> I had to do Network Devices > Edit > Host Name and Name Servers
> That gave me a message that there was already a configuration setup
> and did I want to accept it (it is presently working just fine) I did
accept
> it, and at the bottom of the resultant screen below the DNS
addresses
> I could see 'Update name servers and search list via DHCP', it is
> checked but it is all grayed out.
>
> This is the funny part, it works at times and at times it does not.

And that is correct behavior since you are accepting dhcpcd's automagic
configuration, Yast assumes that you want to let dhcpcd update the
resolv.conf so it doens't give you the option to change that config.
There will also be one on the "upper" dialog to update the
hostname...you have an option there as well.

In the future when this spontaneously happens, try using dhcpcd-test
<device> to verify that the dhcp server is serving up what you need.

JP