Re: [SLUG] SuSE 9.3 perfidious connections

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 11:23:25 EDT

On 8/23/05, Mavrick <icebergwaltz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/23/05, Chuck Hast <wchast@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am looking at it, I assume that I use YaST for this, but I do not see a check
> > box for update dns via dhcp. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong place?
>

> Chuck,
>
> I am running SuSE 9.2 on my desktop (9.3 is on my laptop but I do not
> have it with me) but I assume :) that Yast is much the same between
> the two. Under Network Devices -> Network Cards -> Configure
> (assuming the card is already configured) -> Detailed Settings is a
> button labled Host Name and Name Servers. Click that and at the
> bottom of the resulting window is a checkbox (unchecked by default)
> "Update name servers and search list via DHCP". I believe this is
> what you are looking for. HTH.

I had to do Network Devices > Edit > Host Name and Name Servers
That gave me a message that there was already a configuration setup
and did I want to accept it (it is presently working just fine) I did accept
it, and at the bottom of the resultant screen below the DNS addresses
I could see 'Update name servers and search list via DHCP', it is
checked but it is all grayed out.

This is the funny part, it works at times and at times it does not.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;