Re: [SLUG] Fedora Would Like LUG Info

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 10:08:16 EDT

Eric A. Hicks wrote:

> Tom E. Craddock Jr. wrote:
>
>> Not sure how many SLUGgers are FC users, and not looking to get into
>> any distro war, but if its ok to add out info, Id need the following:
>>
>> Bug Triage: Do you want to be part of Fedora Bug triaging team? (Say
>> YES!) - *If wanted will say yes
>> *
>>
> I use Fedora on all my linux boxes. I'm not sure what the bug triage
> team is, but count me in.

Have you ever watched M*A*S*H? triage is the very first step in medical
treatment mainly accessing damage. Triage is also right after
registration in an emergency room (same step)

Definitions

   1. A process for sorting injured people into groups based on their
      need for or likely benefit from immediate medical treatment.
      Triage is used in hospital emergency rooms, on battlefields, and
      at disaster sites when limited medical resources must be allocated.
   2. A system used to allocate a scarce commodity, such as food, only
      to those capable of deriving the greatest benefit from it.
   3. A process in which things are ranked in terms of importance or
      priority: “For millions of Americans, each week becomes a
      stressful triage between work and home that leaves them feeling
      guilty, exhausted and angry” (Jill Smolowe).

Hay I learned sometning! Hope ya'll did too.

Joe Brandt