Re: [SLUG] verizon dsl

From: Eric A. Hicks (lugmail@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 03:42:09 EDT

Bob Stia wrote:

>So what do the Sluggers think ????? Problems, successes, warnings,
>etc. ?

I've worked on two new customers in the last two weeks with new DSL
installations. I've spent more than 4 hours on the phone with tech
support (which is poor quality... and I'm not just saying that because
I'm more technical than they are... really, from a customer service
standpoint, they were terrible... if you really want the story, let me
know and I'll email you the details)

I'm pretty sure you have to have windows, because much of their software
is windows only, and you have to run the software to setup the account.

If you are going to be running more than one computer... it will be very
slow. Well, it's ALREADY slow.. compared to my road runner, it was
pathetic, however, you're getting what you pay for. The problem was
running more than one computer... that REALLY slowed things down a lot.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Verizon DSL with a 10 ft pole... but that's
just me. I'm starting to think about turning down customers with
DSL... it's not worth the hassle for me. I've had nothing but bad
experiences... however, that's why my customers call me, to solve their
problems.... so I guess I only get the bad cases. I don't know.. take
that with grain of salt, I guess.