Re: [SLUG] verizon dsl

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 19:44:02 EDT

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Pete Theisen wrote:

> Bob Stia wrote:
> <snips>
> > DSL for $14.95. They offer a linksys router for a $15 one time
> > charge. I assume that is with a firewall? tech people would
> > assist in a linux setup.
>
> I signed up for it Thursday for a different location than here, not to
> say "my office". It seemed to accept the "home" order for the office
> number.
>
> If you have more than one computer, you need the router. There is a
> $19.95 connection charge as well that you don't hear about until you
> have submitted the order. Wireless is included on the router but you
> could turn it off or put a password on it that not even you could
> remember :-)

All the fact that you don't know the password ensures is that nobody can
social-engineer it out of you. A skilled industrious malcontent with too
much time on his hands could still figure it out.

> in the worse case you could remove the antenna.

That, and turn it off (removing the antenna's purely aesthetic in that
case).

GEMINI:  Your birthday party will be ruined once again by your explosive
flatulence. Your love life will run into trouble when your fiancee hurls a
javelin through your chest.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_