RE: [SLUG] verizon dsl

From: Bill Glidden (bglidden@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 00:43:58 EDT

Would poor grammar be considered ignorance or stupidity?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Back to FIOS momentarily, does anyone know if it's true that with FIOS one
MUST use the Verizon-provided router for it to work? Their web page makes
this statement. I missed it before.

If that's true I suppose I'll need to spend the $70 to purchase the wireless
router from them.

Verizon isn't making this easy ... First, they cut my brighthouse cable and
my neighbor's when they ran the fiber from the street to the house. I wonder
if Brighthouse will cut the fiber when they come to bury the new coax they
had to run :) Now, it looks like I may have to pay $70 to replace a
perfectly good wireless router. At least the one they sell if 802.11G.

I hope it's all worth it.