RE: [SLUG] verizon dsl

From: Bill Glidden (bglidden@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 16:06:22 EDT

> The company is callsunshine and as they say "its the law". You can be
> charged for all labor and supplies if you damage someone else's lines or
> pipes. That was what the issue was with verizon in tampa a few months
> ago. Verizon's locators, which is a contracted company, were not
> accurate and utilities and contractors were ripping lines out left and
> right. If the locate is not accurate you don't have to pay and many
> contractors don't care because it ends up being cheap just calling
> callsunshine and notifying them than to pay a crew of 10 overtime.

To Verizon's credit, they immediately took responsibility for the cutting of
the cable. I called them, spoke to a very professional gentleman who took
the information, gave me a ticket number and said to please call back when I
received the repair bill for BrightHouse. He assured me that Verizon would
pay for the repairs.

I look at this as one of the things that falls into the "stuff happens"
category.

So far the only real downside to the FIOS installation is the fact that I'll
have to clean up my home office because it would be plain embarrassing to
let someone see it in it's present condition.