Re: [SLUG] Postfix relayhost = option

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 08:22:25 EDT

I'm not sure if relayhost is the correct option for what you want to do... Here is
how I have done it in my setup, I send all my outgoing mail through earthlink's mail
server...

in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

and in /etc/postfix/transport
* smtp:smtpauth.earthlink.net

The asterisk means to send all outgoing mail through the specified server. If you
only want to do certain domains, you can add a line for each domain...

Then, you have to run the command:

postmap hash:/etc/postfix/transport

to create the .db file (you may need to use something other than "hash" in your
setup, check the man pages for more info)

Hope this helps!

Doug