Re: [SLUG] linux floppy disk

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter30@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 21:42:21 EDT

No, I must not be have phrased the question correctly. I am looking for a floppy or floppys that
I can use like a windows boot floppy. I know that I can use a rescue cd when a system goes down
but I am not wanting to do that nor asked that question. That is what everybody seems to assume
that is the question. I would like a way to set up partitions before I install an os. I want a
way to delete existing partitons and then recreate them the way I want to before I install. This
way I have more control on how and where or what os is on what partition.

William
> A rescue floppy for Slackware requires two 1.44's,
> so I would guess a very special tiny kernel would be needed.
> There are a few floppy and EPROM sized distros that should
> work from a floppy.
> Regular distro's need bash which is almost 629 K
> so recompiling a regular distro's kernel with everything
> turned off but "floppy" probably won't fit.
>
> Any reason to not try doing it with a rescue CD-ROM or
> temporarily put the new drive in a working computer?
> Which is how I always do it.

Yahoo! for Good