Re: [SLUG] Experiences syncing Blackberry 7290 (Cingular) and Evolution

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 16:20:47 EDT

On 9/19/05, Eric Jahn <eric@ejahn.net> wrote:
> I'm hoping to use Mult-Sync with SyncML to get this to work. Has anyone
> tried this? Also am looking at the Treo 650, but I hate antennae

With regards to the antennas, most of those devices that hide them put them
somewhere behind your hand so most of the signal goes into heating your
hand and not out to reach the base station and give you better communications.

They are taking advantage of the fact there is a lot of good coverage
out there so
they can get away with that sort of thing, but is still means you have put your
self at a disadvantage if the hidden antenna is behind your hand or something
else that is not all that RF transparent.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;