Re: [SLUG] Experiences syncing Blackberry 7290 (Cingular) and Evolution

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 11:50:42 EDT

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 10:55 -0400, Russ Wright wrote:
> I use the blackberry as my phone email and calendar when I'm out and
> about. I'm planning to dump my Blackberry in favor of a Treo 650. As
> far as I can tell the 650 is a Palm based and will sync under Linux just
> fine.

Should be a piece of cake to get your new 650 working. I actually have
had great success getting all sorts of sync/file transfer functionality
out of my Zire 72, so I'm looking forward to this improvement in
linux/palm capabilities, esp. bluetooth syncing.
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8185

Trying to find a new/used 650 for under $425 independent of plan is
proving challenging though. -Eric