[SLUG] Ruby on Rails

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 01:35:20 EDT

I've completed a ground-up rewrite of my blog using Ruby on Rails as the
development platform, and migrated away from blosxom.

Along the way, I fixed the CSS a bit (fixing that layout problem with
Opera) and added an AJAXified comments system.

There was some interest on the list earlier regarding Rails: would there
be any benefit to giving a quick Ruby on Rails presentation in the future?

Also, has anyone mucked with webservices and Rails yet? Trackbacks
handling was easy: I'm trying to get weblog pings working now.

    Blosxom plus plugins: 11666 lines of perl.
    "Rage" on Rails: 565 lines of ruby.

Wow.

 - Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com> http://ian.blenke.com