Re: [SLUG] 64bit Java

From: John Kinary (john.kinary@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 17:58:15 EDT

Most applets on the net are written in Java 4 or less releases. I would
download Blackdowns 4X release and run that plugin until Sun comes out
with one for Java5 64 bit. Just because you have Blackdown on you box
doesn't mean you have to write programs with it. Just use the plugin
then you will be able to use your 64 bit Firefox and see most applets.

On my box I have Java3, Java4, and Java5. I use a function to switch
between the three. Since I make my living programming Java I need all
three.

John