Re: [SLUG] Before I buy another MOBO

From: Mavrick (icebergwaltz@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 10:50:26 EDT

On 10/10/05, Robert Snyder <res03q8w@gte.net> wrote:

> Hmm lets point out there could of gone wrong
>
> A. Biostar, that screams junk but that is my own personal opinoin
>
> Personally Nvidia nforce chipsets and linux are not my favorite
> combonation but hey to each his own.

You know what they say about opinions. They're alot like a**holes; everyone
has one and they all stink. So lets keep those out of this and try to be a
little constructive here.

John, you are getting good advice from most on this list. Be methodical and
delibrate in your troubleshooting and you will find the problem. If it is a
hardware issue, it is due to compatibility issues (software included) and
not that one manufacturer or another produces "junk".

I have been working at a production studio for over a year now and we have
produced two animated features using Biostar, Nvidia, AND Linux with great
success.

So keep at it. You will find the source of your troubles and defeat the evil
computer gnomes.

Mav