Re: [SLUG] books on Linux/Unix

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 01:20:36 EDT

Paddy wrote:
<snip>
>> I'm curious, if you're getting out of "roll you own" OSes, what will
>> you be getting into, and why?

> If I can find some kind of STABLE OS, I hope to become proficient in
> Photoshop

Hi Paddy!

Having used Photoshop and the GIMP, I prefer the GIMP greatly. Just
working on a bunch of pix for my website now. I have the first one up,
but I didn't do a lot to it. Some of the pix I will be posting are
nearly 70 years old and have been in a shoebox all that time - doing a
*lot* to those.

<http://tinyurl.com/aw776>

Tried doing it in Photoshop, but it kept crashing all the time. Expected
a huge learning curve in the GIMP, but everything went easy.

This is *not* to say that the problems I had with Photoshop crashing had
anything to do with M$ Windows, or anything like that. Running the GIMP
on Simply MEPIS.

<http://www.mepis.org/>

Regards,

Pete