RE: [SLUG] LAN

From: John Pugh (jpugh@novell.com)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 08:05:08 EDT

<Pine.LNX.4.44.0510181655100.14759-100000@pc.tampabay.rr.com>,
eben1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, John Pugh wrote:
>
>> I also have the usual mp3 player/streamer thru shoutbox so I can
stream my
>> favorite MP3s from my server in my hotel room whenever I want
instead of
>> housing them on my laptop.
>
> What is shoutbox?
>
>> Oh yea...I run eDirectory as my auth for all of the above. Allows me
>> limit what my wife can access and/or muck up!
>
> Is she OK with that?

Mike clarified "shoutbox". It's shoutcast and works fairly well. That's
one piece that isn't running linux. I mucked with it and compiled it on
NetWare a while back and it's running inside a VM on my sles box. I just
haven't moved it over or found something that works better for me.

And yes...my wife is ok with that...she doesn't know what she doesn't
know (or can't see). She also likes the automation aspects of it. Lights
are on when she walks in the door and she has updated music and audible
books regularly to listen to at the gym by simply docking her pc and/or
her ipod phone.

JP