Re: [SLUG] Firewall

From: John Pugh (jpugh@novell.com)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 08:23:27 EDT

<200510240040.43934.rnr@sanctum.com>, rnr@sanctum.com wrote:
> Hello Sluggers,
>
> My son has Road Runner and they have offered a free firewall called
> "EZ Armour Security Suite".
>
> Anybody know anything about it or have comments?
>
> Bob S.

They also have spam and virus filtering and we all know how well that
works. I would say that you are better off using ZoneAlarm for winblows
as a firewall, switch to firefox to cut down (pretty much eliminate)
spyware, and put up a good antivirus real time scanner and you will be
safer than most. On RR you have to turn off EVERY type of file/print
sharing - there are a ton of zombies on RR. Better yet...put a linux box
up as a router/gateway and block everything.

JP