Re: [SLUG] Road Runner Dilema (OT)

From: Branko (kozmo3k@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 03:30:28 EDT

John Pugh wrote:

> Now I'm mad...I don't have a battery in mine...freakin'
> brighthouse!!!!
>
> Good luck...let us know how it works out.
>
> JP

Well the stomping and kicking kicking it around, including the
phone/cable modem (with a battery), has paid off.
Also a little forgotten utility called System Restore (I did not even
know Me has it..). Rolled it back to Sunday, when I knew everything
worked, rebooted (of course, it's M$) and there it was: the happy logo
of Google.com on Firefox. Then I checked Network Properties and noticed,
that instead of Belkin NIC (which is the one I physically installed), it
showed Realtek 8136xsomething (which makes the chip on that NIC) and the
"happy" TCP/IP was bound to it!
Just amazing
Thanks for all your help, fellow slugers!

./B

P.S.: Why can all just use Linux?