Re: [SLUG] People PC

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 22:10:42 EDT

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Ron Youvan wrote:

> > I know Road Runner does, but I haven't figured out the sequence to log in
> > from Linux yet. It dials up fine, but then I'm at some prompt with no clue
> > how to proceed.
>
> The dial up is free I am told, but you must set it up as your main login
> on the cable connection first.

"Cable connection"? Whassat? Since it's plain IP over ethernet with DHCP,
that's what I'm doing plus DHCP (router takes care of that, I have a static
address in 192.168.1.0/24).

> I assume only the main login and password will work.

"Login"? I never told the router any username/password to use, and it
works.

           This message was created using recycled electrons.