Re: [SLUG] Burned smell from Simply MEPIS notebook

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 13:06:56 EDT

On 10/28/05, Pete Theisen <petet@acun.com> wrote:

> Hi Steven!
>
> Alas, not that new. I wonder how much to fix it?

 Depends on the issue; could be something as simple as an overheating
battery to something more complex, like replacing the system board (which is
almost as much as what your laptop may be worth). Although given that your
card slot apparently fried, it's probably a system board replacement.
 Someone who has more experience with Toshibas might be able to offer more
specific advice, and my company has always provided me with ThinkPads and my
personal laptop is an Apple iBook.