Re: [SLUG] Re: New Windows Singularity

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 21:17:48 EST

Mavrick wrote:

> On 11/5/05, *michael hast* <evylrobot19@cox.net
> <mailto:evylrobot19@cox.net>> wrote:
>

> This is very true. My original point here was not to get into some
> essoterric OT discussion, but to make the point that industry-driven
> corporate consumerism will not allow a perfect product. Personally, I
> don't like "products" as such. That's my biggest gripe with
> M$. It is
> not about making a quality product for it's customers, it is about
> making money for the giant that it is.
>

> This is what the American way of life (i.e. capitalism) is all about.
> Philanthropy nowadays is more to see your company's name in the paper
> than any deep-rooted sense of "giving back to the community". I am
> not one to judge motives, but if you really want to do some good in
> your community (as a business), don't let anyone know about it ( i.e.
> news media outlets) and just do it.

I'll drink to that! I suppose what it really boils down to is that
buisness is corrupt since it is governed by and composed of people who
are fallen creatures living in a corrupt and fallen world. The downward
spiral has left no room for the Andrew Carnegie's anymore...

...not going to get back on the soapbox...

...must... ...resist...

I agree, Mav. I think I would make a great zillionaire. Of course,
that's just my opinion. I suppose everyone would think that way about
themselves. :-p