RE: [SLUG] New Windows Singularity

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 21:11:37 EST

>> M$ hasn't ever been reliable.

Sorry, but the Windows NT and Windows 2000 servers I've used over the years
have been quite reliable. It's the drivers that suck, and if you use crap
drivers, Windows blue screens and dies. I've stuck with high-end HP
hardware and it worked quite well.

>>They DIDN'T put a Wenkle-style rotary engine in the Corvette because they
realized that it wouldn't wear out.

It was emissions that stalled that effort. I have pictures of a three-rotor
and four-rotor Corvette. I saw the car. I wanted one. But the emissions
standards made GM pull the plug on an entirely new engine.

>> ..and yet we can't build a car that will out-do 150k miles without a
struggle. It's called planned obsalecence. They won't release anything
that's too good, because then, what's the incentive to buy the next one?

I suspect Toyoda will disagree. They usually go 300K+ miles, and that's why
they have become so coveted among their owners.

Ken Elliott