[SLUG] Fedora, OpenSuSE, & Mandrake.

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 11:54:36 EST

Hi All

As usual I am confused.

I would like to make a small MySQL and even smaller [in terms of usage] ftp
server.

I have Mandrake 10.1 DVD and 10.2 CD, plus OpenSuSE 10.0 beta01 CD and Fedora
4 DVD.

The computer I would like to put this on will not acknowledge a DVD drive
which I only found after purchasing a book with the Fedora 4 CD in it.

Question:

Hardware aside which would be in the group opinion the easiest to set up?

I ask this question since it appears that I can not download Fedora 4 CDs as
each time I attempt to do so the download crashes half way through both disk
1 and disk 2. I have not had this issue with OpenSuSE downloads which I was
running on the same box at the same time. We have a T1 line.

I also attempted to install the Fedora on my test computer and received
numerous messages that hardware was not found. I followed this up by
installing OpenSuSE again just to check out the installation process.

Factual, informative comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank