Re: [SLUG] linux / windows

From: Ka Winter (ka_winter@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 07:22:25 EST

> Debian-amd64 has installed and run beautifully
> without a hitch for
> everyone to whom I've recommended it (as well as for
> yours truly).
> And you don't have all this "half my apps are 32bit,
> half are 64bit,
> so I need two sets of libraries for everything" BS
> that you get with a
> lot of the newer "64bit" distros. (looks pointedly
> at redhat/fedora,
> mandrake, and suse)

That's exactly why we tried for days to get Debian
working on this system. I love Debian and if someone
could get it to work on this beast I would have been
thrilled. But the only two local Linux geeks (both of
whom love Debian) tried for days and repeatedly failed
(usually at the video card issue)

I would happily pay someone to make Debian run on this
animal if I could find someone who could do it.

http://farechase.yahoo.com