Re: [SLUG] Sony Part III

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 20:15:54 EST

>> Call me old fashioned, call me a relic, call me what you will.
>> But whatever happened to playing a *music* cd on a CD PLAYER, and leaving
>> the computer to running what it was made to run?

> One of the things a cdrom drive is made to do is play music cds.
> Therefore, a computer with a cdrom drive is made to play music.

   This confounded me for a while. There are computers with a 5 or 10 gig hd
that write and print great letters and deal with spread sheets just fine.

   I can recommend open office version 2.

   Then there are "multi-media" computers with 120 gig hd's (or larger) with
special video cards, CD and DVD drives read and write no less, and speakers,
excellent sounding speakers. These "multi-media" computers can edit sound
files and movie files and more.
   As there are more than two shades of gray, so there are computers between
the two kinds described above.

--
    Ron