Re: [SLUG] Politics, ethics etc.

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 18:48:37 EST

> And that was my point. Some things are worse and some things are better.
> How do you go about measuring such a thing? One man's experience might be
> better - another's worse. And none of us were alive over 200 years ago, so
> there's actually very little data to base an opinion.
>
> Like the weather, it changes all the time, but the average changes little.

200 years ago Linux was only available in the form of the Nostradamus
Distro, which you had to preorder several centuries in advance...

This weekend alone I've downloaded 3 different distros. I think that's
*lots* nicer than waiting for punchcards to be delivered by ox-cart. :)

- Robin

PS - For details on everyday middle-class life in London in the 17th
century, you need to read the original blog: Pepy's Diary -
http://www.pepysdiary.com/ - which I read years ago as a book but am now
re-reading in blog format, one day at a time. A serious history lesson,
but also entertaining -- and the original was *not* written in Microsoft
Word, which is kind of cool...