Re: [SLUG] Politics, ethics etc.

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 20:12:39 EST

On Sunday 20 November 2005 18:48, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

> 200 years ago Linux was only available in the form of the Nostradamus
> Distro, which you had to preorder several centuries in advance...

I thought that it predicted the popularity of a glass window that people all
across the world sat and looked at. Got upset with as it the window
distorted the view and frequently went dark. Which later got replaced with
another window, which the people liked and all was well. But not until the
makers of the first window was found guilty of black magic and were tossed
out of the village to brood over their deeds.

[Bet you realized that someone would jump on that one as soon as you pressed
send. : )]

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.