Re: [SLUG] Old computers

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 22:45:44 EST

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 05:05:16PM -0500, James wrote:

> I have deleted the thread that someone was looking for a older puter to play
> with. I will have 2 H-P vectra desktops coming in this next saturday. One is
> a 933mhz and the other is is a 1.0G mhg. These are plain jane with onboard
> everything and a cdrom drive. I dont even think they have modems, just
> onboard network.One had Win ME, the other has Win XP with a 40 G HD. $100
> and $130 respectively. I was going to turn them into linux puters( if
> possible) but i just don't have any time for more puters

Let me point out, for those unfamiliar with the rules, we don't allow
selling things on the SLUG list. Your alternatives are to give things
away, or use the SLUG For Sale page:

http://www.suncoastlug.org/forsale.html

This reduces the number of complaints about selling things on technical
lists, and prevents people from consistently using SLUG as a vehicle for
enriching their pocketbooks.

Paul