Re: [SLUG] Mail Transfer Agents

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 19:54:21 EST

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Sick Twist wrote:

> >From: Levi Bard <taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com>
> >To: slug@nks.net
> >Subject: Re: [SLUG] Mail Transfer Agents
> >Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:32:04 -0600
> >
> >I may be missing something, but can't you check the "leave messages on
> >server" option in both clients? Other than that, postfix +
> >courier-imap ( maybe + squirrelmail if you want to provide them a web
> >interface too ) will work great.
>
> That option will keep one client synchronized with the server. However, it
> doesn't seem to work if there are two or more clients. For example, if I
> delete an e-mail from the inbox of client1, the e-mail will be removed
> automatically from the server

Depends how your MUAs act. That's an optional behavior in most. If neither
client machine ever deletes the mail however (and they're talking to the
POP3 server), the (already read) mail will pile up there and eventually
you'll hit your quota.

                  "God does not play dice" -- Einstein
          "Not only does God play dice, he sometimes throws
          them where they can't be seen." -- Stephen Hawking