Re: [SLUG] print server

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 13:39:28 EST

> I'm needing a cheap hardware print server to put my
> old (Centronics) parallel printer on my network, and
> get it off the parallel port of my windoz box.
>
> I've been looking around the net and have my eye on
> the Netgear PS101 or PS110. Others probably are
> just as good. Older stuff is fine as long as it'll work.
>
> Anybody have one lying around, or have any other
> suggestions?

CUPS and Samba can put that printer online. Define the printer in CUPS then use
Samba to share it out. This said, I prefer to use an appliance print server because
they are so simple to configure and maintain.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@digitalhermit.com