Re: [SLUG] aKademy 2006 in Tampa

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 10:01:15 EST

Richard Morgan wrote:
> To start we would need to form a working group of hard-working
> individuals from
> those interested and these would be our agenda items:
>
> 1) Sponsorship - since this is the show-stopper, we should work on
> getting large
> businesses with a Linux interest to donate some money to cover the travel
> expenses and set up expenses.

My OSTG bosses are getting a little more free-handed about conference
sponsorships than they've been in the past. We're sponsoring the dot-org
pavilion at the next few LinuxWorlds, for example.

I'm not saying they'd go for this, but it can't hurt to ask. So I will.

If nothing else, an OSTG media sponsorship (essentially lotsa free ads
on our sites) helps bring in players like Sun, IBM, Red Hat, etc.

- Robin