Re: [SLUG] Used UPS Source

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 15:56:20 EST

On 11/27/05, Ken Elliott <kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> >>I re-batteried my APC Back-UPS 650 (bought 5 years ago) with a drop-in
> replacement which cost less than $40.
>
> Too much $$$. I've usually paid $12 - $15 for industrial batteries. Search
> the net before you buy. APC uses standard industrial lead acid batteries.
> Google the manufacturer and part number, and you'll find a cross reference
> list. A bit of searching will save you a lot of cash.
>
> I'm sure someone in Tampa has these, but I'm new to the area. I used to buy
> them from a company called Industrial Electronics (not in Tampa).

There is a battery place on Florida, I am trying to remember the name of the
place, but they have very good prices on all sort of batteries, many of them
are blems, but the electrical part is sound, and they are new, I get a couple
of the larger gell batteries and put them on a UPS of course the are now
external to the UPS (they are a lot bigger than the pea shooters that come
with a UPS) and will keep the thing runnng for a lot longer than the original
battery.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;