[SLUG] Video Wierdness

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 23:31:40 EST

I am trying to install SuSE on a HP Vectra VL400 DT. CD reads just fine,
you see the usual SuSE splash screen, select "install" and then get the
text screen as the CD starts to load things, it gets to the point where it
says it is starting YaST, and states that it has found a consol. Then it
appears to start probing the video, the screen goes blank, comes back
and goes through that a few times then the next thing I know the screen
has rolling trash on it. Anyone try to put Linux on a VL400 DT?

I put a DSL CD in it, it booted but would not come up with the full GUI
environment, also complained about a improper value being returned
and asked that I select the screen size (number of rows and columns)
I figure it is probably something simple but for some reason I am not
hitting it.

I googled around to see if I could find anything but nothing came up.
The machine has XPEE on it, when that boots the video looks just
fine.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;