Re: [SLUG] Re: Real OSes

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 15:41:23 EST

> My apologies to anyone that took offense to my own rant.

Ditto.

> But lets get real here. There's valid reasons to use any OS whether
> it be Windows, Linux, BSD, OSX etc. Personally I use all of those
> previosly listed besides BSD and each because of strengths they have
> and they all have their own weaknesses. I just don't see any point to
> rants that amout to "OMG Linux crushes Windoze". Others that don't
> know why you'd want to use an alternate OS aren't going to listen if
> you can't be diplomatic and make valid points.

Agreed. Right tool for the job, yes?

Others must realize that not everyone is at all concerned about the things you say I
should argue about (i.e., choice, GUI, security, bugs, support, live CDs or
applications).

There's this joke about a Catholic and a Protestant arguing about the teachings of
God. It ends up with one saying:

"Ok, we must agree to disagree. You teach the Word according to how you want. I'll
teach it according to how He wants."

Religious wars...gotta love em.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com