Re: [SLUG] Apache2 / Debian 3.1 / Permissions Hell

From: Daniel Jarboe (daniel.jarboe@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 10:36:21 EST

> When someone clicks on the file it gives them a permission error.
> However, the permissions are IDENTICAL to every other file. The ONLY
> thing I can think of is perhaps the file size.

Is it also in the same directory? If it's somewhere else, make sure
the id your apache server is running with can access every directory
along the way. Also, if there is a symlink involved, make sure that
FollowSymLinks is one of the Options specified in apache's conf file.

You say the permissions are identical... does that go for ownership
(user/group) too? Since you didn't mention ACLs, I assume they are
not involved (you would know if you set them up).

~ Daniel