RE: [SLUG] Konsole stuff

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 09:43:06 EST

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Sick Twist wrote:

> >From: Bob Stia <rnr@sanctum.com>
> >To: slug@nks.net
> >Subject: [SLUG] Konsole stuff
> >Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 01:12:09 -0500
> >
> >Also, when I run a command that prints many screens of info you cannot
> >get back to the early info and/or input command. Yes, you can scroll
> >back but it only goes so far, leaving the earlier info hidden.
>
> If a command creates several screens of output, you can pipe the output to
> less by appending "| less" to the end of the command. Here are two examples:
>
> lspci -v | less
> ls -ld ~/* | less

Or use the scroll wheel (or whatever) on the mouse when in X, or
shift-pageUp/pageDown when not. Then ls's output will be in color (by
default it's not when writing to a pipe).

SCORPIO:  Get ready for an unexpected trip when you fall screaming
from an open window.  Work a little harder on improving your low self
esteem, you stupid freak.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_