Re: [SLUG] Need New Commercial ISP for Clearwater

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 12:14:23 EST

On Thursday 08 December 2005 06:18, Ken Elliott wrote:

> It has gone down a couple of times, but not more than a day. I'd say (from
> memory) we've had 3 or 4 outages in the last year.5 (1.5Y). If you need
> better than that, I'd consider getting both DSL and cable.

Thats what I did for my office. I made cable the primary (as the troughput is
much higher), I had a script on the firewall that sensed if it went down and
rerouted traffic to the DSL. Then once cable was restored, it switched back.

You can get fancy and add the play command to have your firewall announce such
changes verbally.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.