Re: [SLUG] Re: older computers

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 12:36:04 EST

Maybe if people went to aol and say hey we want to see a linux version
we know you have it so hand it over they would.

My aunt back in the day bought the AOL/Gateway IA and it runs linux
behind that aol screen you see at start up. And while if I had the
space I would take it home with me I do still play with that little IA
from time to time to see if it still works ( I have multiple accounts
from clients that dont want to loose there @aol.com email so they still
pay the 14.95 for BYOA.) Anyway My aunt got the version with the
eithernet port so I can hook it up to her cable (crappy crappy cable
service) and to my surprise it still updates. I probably played with it
twice a year and I was just over there a month ago and the IA said it
needed to download updates and it updated the software so aol is still
supporting it. What is funny though is if they have a version that
runs on linux why not have it for download?