Re: [SLUG] Gnome or KDE

From: Ka Winter (ka_winter@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 07:32:22 EST

> What are your experiences with the two desktops?
> Why
> do you use one over the other? Is one desktop
> easier
> to program for than the other? Are there
> architectural differences that make one better than
> the other?

I have used both but like KDE much better because of
so many little applications and applets that are
written for it. In my KDE toolbar I have the "world
clock" which tells me what time it is in case I need
to call someone in Tasmania. I also have the
kcolorpicker which I click on once and then hold it
over any color in an image or website and it tells me
the color in rgb, cmyk or hexdecimal. I love the
configurability of the kde and kmenu system and some
educational stuff that comes with it like the
planetarium program kstars just rock!