[SLUG] [Fwd: [Rfdump] RFDUMP 1.3 installation]

From: botteman (botteman@knology.net)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 18:23:21 EST

This message is from another list I'm on,
and the author is looking for some guidance.

It has to do with some software for reading
data from r(adio) f(requency) id(entification)
tags or devices (like those implanted in animals
or embedded in product packaging). The
software is, I think, opensource.

Don't know if the query has enough correct
information.

Any takers?

Dave

attached mail follows:

Hi all,

Well, befor to buy expansive hardware, I wanted to install RFDUMP but I
have a few problems.
I downloaded the 1.3 linux sources and tried to build it.

I have :
GTK+-2.4.7
expat-1.95.7
GCC-3.4.4

All what is needed as described in the README file.

./configure is OK
but make is not :

'expat_external.h' is not found. This file is called by the rfdump
source files 'expat.h' like this :

#include "expat_external.h"

And effectively, this file doesn't exist neither in the rfdump sources
nor anywhere else on my linux workstation.

Does anybody knows what I did wrong ?

I tried with the precompiled binary too and rfdump seems to be launched.
However, the GUI is not launched. I have only a line with the text :
WRITE:x
and nothing else is then possible
Is it because I have no reader plugged on the PC ?

Thank you for your answers,

Jean LEE