Re: [SLUG] spamassassin vs pine

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 22:49:49 EST

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 17:10, Paul M Foster wrote:
> As mentioned elsewhere, you must train it on _both_ spam and ham. And
> there's a lower limit below which it won't make any difference. But let
> me make a point here about Bayesian spam filtering. Your spam/ham
> database will grow until it takes over the whole internet! ;-}
> Seriously, every time you feed it a spam/ham to learn from, the database
> will grow. I've had a bogofilter file up to 18M before (of course, I get
> 500-600 emails a day, 95% of which is spam). If you think that doesn't
> slow things down, you're wrong. This is why I started writing my own
> procmail spam recipes, in addition to using SpamAssassin (without its
> bayesian capabilities).

Paul, I think you should turn off learning a bit earlier... : )

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.