Re: [SLUG] file encryption

From: Richard Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 16:05:29 EST

It depends on how well you want to protect the information. If you're merely
trying to disguise the contents of the folders you could get away with
something simple like ROT to scramble the info or uuencode to make it
unreadable. You could also use the Unix crypt() function. If you have it
installed, you could use GPG.

You've got many options depending on the level of security you need for these
files and how easily you want to be able to un-encrypt them.

Sincerely,
Richard Morgan
Heavy Systems Administrator
http://www.heavysystems.com
Powerful web hosting and server solutions for your business.
Heavy Systems is an Authorized AMD Solution Provider.