RE: [SLUG] uptime

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 06:58:43 EST

>> ...it *is* possible to crash a Linux machine due to load.
>> From what I understand, a Linux kernel that runs out of
>> memory (and swap) melts down in a most unpleasant way.

I didn't know that. If that's the case, an application with a memory leak
would consume all available memory, if left running long enough.

Is this Linux-specific, or do the BSD(s) suffer this as well? Anyone know?

Gee, I'm smarter today than I was yesterday. Today's goal has been reached
before I finished my first cup of coffee.

Ken Elliott