Re: [SLUG] Re: HD fscked?

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 07:40:57 EST

Well at least you know it wasn't the controller card.
Freezing might work. It was always a last ditch
effort. Getting i/o errors and it's hardware
related.... are you sure about the MB that it's
plugged into? or perhaps the cable? I know.. duh
questions, but what the heck. If it truly is hardware
related then you may be able to figure out where it's
hanging and avoid retrieving nodes that are placed
there. Good luck with the freezing thing.. just the
act of freezing and thawing could dislodge whatever
piece of dust is hanging the arm. Or if it's just
worn, may tighten it up just enough to get you data
off.

Rob

--- Levi Bard
<taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, we finally got around to swapping out the
> controller card - no
> change. So, it looks like my only recourse from
> here is to freeze it
> and see if I can recover anything.
>
> --
> Debianista!

> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet
> service by Networked
> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions
> expressed in messages
> posted are those of the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the
> official policy or position of NKS or any of its
> employees.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com