RE: [SLUG] no input from keyboard and mouse

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 18:43:44 EST

>> Now I get nothing from the keyboard or mouse (the keyboard works in the
BIOS, so it and the PS/2 controller work at least somewhat)

It's a long shot, but... You might want to remove, then reinstall the mouse
and keyboard connectors. Since you didn't do anything (that you know
about), you should do that just to rule out it out.

Otherwise, I suspect either a trace cracked, or you have a "new" short. The
act of removing/replacing the power connectors can cause a board to flex, or
shift position. I had one board that worked on the bench, but failed on the
desk. I felt pretty stupid when I heard/found the loose screw I dropped.

Ken Elliott