Re: [SLUG] library error

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 00:40:40 EST

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Chuck Hast wrote:

> On 12/31/05, Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> > > The instructons said to use kdesu in order to avoid it, but sure not
> > > working.
> >
> > Don't know what kdesu does.
>
> It is supposed to be the kde replacement for sudo...

If I needed to run something with root privs (but I don't, and I'd first try
making gkrellm sgid "disk" if I were you), I'd put

ALL pc=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/gkrellm

in /etc/sudoers ("pc" is the name of my machine). Maybe there's a
comparable file with kdesu?

Actually, I don't know whether sgid is more or less secure than sudo, but
it's a darn sight easier to set up.

--
"Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at only
 one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the 6th century,