[SLUG] Q

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 17:25:39 EST

Richard Morgan wrote:

>Feedback and comments from everyone is most welcome.
>
>http://www.slackaddict.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=87
>
>What do you like about Slackware that you wish you had more of? What do you not
>like about Slackware that you wish you could improve? How can a new distro make
>inroads with the business desktop market?

I would be happy if Patrick would fix the fact that MySQL does not work
out of the box. ( there final setup things you have to do before it
will run. this is 10.2)

As far as a desktop I have a list of modifications I have made to
Slackware for my ideal which I commonly reffer to as my Media Slack
desktop. Which I am currently regearing for 10.2. But the biggest asset
for a business desktop is to make as much stuff as possible ZeroConf
much like Ubuntu.