[SLUG] DADVSI, France's DMCA rears its ugly head

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 17:57:41 EST

I translated the French petition using Babelfish
(http://babelfish.altavista.com)

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7124.cfm
http://eucd.info/petitions/index.php?petition=2

I haven't read the whole thing, so I don't know when they're voting, but this
sounds way uglier than our DMCA. I'm hoping from our negative experience,
they might have a chance at turning DADVSI down.

/mario